The Kneggs

The Kneggs

Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Cup Runneth Over...

A year ago, had anyone asked what I imagined my family life would be like today, my answer would have included words like:

Crazy, chaotic, exhausting, overwhelming.... I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Our lives are so drastically different today, from where we were just one year ago.  I was driving into Dallas on Friday, and realized that I hadn't been past the exit for my school on the highway in 9 months!  It made me realize how small my world has become since the triplets were born.  I don't go places as freely as I used to - I mean would you want to pack up four kids to run just to go shopping?  A couple of weeks ago, Trey and I finally got to go out to eat and to a movie.  He asked where I wanted to eat, and I couldn't even think of restaurants (that don't have a drive-thru!).  It took me fifteen minutes to look at the menu - it was a pizza place, not that many choices!!

When people ask me now what my family life is like, I use the same words, but where a year ago I used them full of anxiety and fear of the unknown, today I use the words a little differently.

Our lives are crazy and chaotic - but in the very best way possible.  I am slowly learning to find peace in the chaos that a toddler and three crawlers create.  I am exhausted (all of the time) because of being blessed with four healthy and rambunctious children who want to play and be held and are always on the move.  I am overwhelmed by the love that I feel for each one of them every day and even more so, by the love each one of them shows toward me, Trey, and (even better) each other.

Bryan is a better big brother than I could have ever hoped for.  He wants to make the babies smile and laugh.  He makes sure they are included in whatever we are doing.  He wants to help take them to bed and kiss them goodnight.  He is so full of love - more than his little 2 year old body can contain!

Getting a 2 year old to smile for a picture
is hard!!  I do love this one, though, it really
is his personality!!


Ruby is our Daddy's girl thru and thru!  "Da Da, Da Da...." all day long.  She is always smiling - especially at her big brother.  She saves her laughs for Bryan, and he eats it up!  We did have a minor set back with her the last couple of weeks.  She broke out into a bad rash (you can see it under her eyes) that we thought was allergies to the dogs.  We did find out that it was just eczema, though, easy to deal with and she is out of quarantine!!  She is pretty laid back will go with the flow, but she can ham it up if she wants to...

She was sitting up and smiling, then I started taking
the pictures, and I got this pose.  She is a ham!!

Poor Ruby!!  She never complained!



Then there is William.  He is so much like Bryan.  He is perfectly content to crawl around the living room and explore.  He wakes up every morning with the biggest smile on his face, ready to take on the world I'm sure!!  He is our saving grace at feeding time - he is the only one who will hold his own bottle.  It may sound like a minor detail, but believe me - it's HUGE!!  I do think he figured out that if he holds his own, he gets his bottle first and gets to play for a few minutes when he finishes before bed!

Look out world, here he comes!!



Last, but she will never let you say she is least, Savannah.  To say she is going to be our trouble maker, I think would be an understatement!!  She is a Mama's girl, for every "Da Da" from Ruby, there is a matching "Ma Ma" from Savannah.  The best part is, she says it with a smile every time!  Her smile is going to get her off the hook a lot in the future.  I wish I had a good picture of it, but in true Savannah form, she only gives her serious look to the camera!

"I will not smile for the camera!"



To say that the last nine months have been an adjustment would be an understatement!!  We are still adjusting and working thru the growing pains of our family.  But to simply say that we are lucky would also be a great understatement.  I am amazed every day by the father that Trey has become.  I am  so thankful to be married to my best friend.  I fall more in love with him every day and with each time I see him with our kids.  I cannot wait to watch as these four miracles to grow into themselves.  I cannot wait to feel the love grow within our family for one another.  I am truly blessed to be called their mother.  Every day my cup runneth over a little more!

And on a lighter note....

The closest thing to a smile...
Plus you can almost see the teeth!

Making Ruby laugh

"What, Mom?  I'm not doing anything!!"
Trey is in there, too...

Fun times!!

I wouldn't trade the chaos for anything in the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment